When the DLC is being built for a project and stored in a plugin, the result is normaly until the DLC is packaged multiple times. This leads to the file path becoming more and more nested each time. This eventually results in a file path that is too long to allow the game to package.
1. Download the attached plugins folder.
2. Create a new project and add the plugins folder.
3. Open the project and then make a new Custom Launch Profile (Windows -> Project Launcher -> + on the same line as "Custom Launch Profiles")
4. Use the following settings, assume something is left the same if it is not specified.
-Build - Checked
-Build Configuration - Development
-Cook - By the Book
-Cooked Platforms - WindowsNoEditor
-Release/DLC/Patching Settings - Create a release version of the game for distribution - Checked
-Name of the new release to create - 1.0
-Advanced Settings - Compress Content, Save packages without versions, and Store all content in a single file (UnrealPak) - Checked
Package - Package and store locally
-Deploy - Do Not Deploy
5. Create another custom build profile with the same settings as above but with these changes.
-Build - Unchecked
-Release/DLC/Patching Settings - Create a release version of the game for distribution - Unchecked
-Name of the new release to create - Blank
-Release version this is based on - 1.0
-Build DLC - Checked
6. Run the first profile that we created until it finishes and press "Done"
7. Run the second profile we created multiple times (3 or 4 times at most) (Once it finishes, hit "run" again instead of "done")
Result: Depending on the file path length of the project, after a certain number of builds of the DLC, it'll fail due to the file path being too long
Expected: The file path should never increase and always save to the same spot.
Head over to the existingAnswerHub thread and let us know what's up.