When you have a child blueprint that contains a component that is parented to an inherited component, changing a value on that inherited component in the original parent blueprint and then compiling the child blueprint with the inherited component selected causes the component to disappear (the component that disappears is the one in the child blueprint that is attached to the root component, which is the inherited component from the parent blueprint).
Compiling the child blueprint without having the skeletal mesh component selected will result in the cube reappearing in the component tree.
Found in 4.11 Preview 6. Reproduced in 4.11 Releases 2892950.
1. Open the editor
2. Create a new actor blueprint
3. Add a skeletal mesh component
4. Make it the root component
6. Create a child of your actor blueprint
7. Add a cube component (should be parented to the skeletal mesh)
8. Open the original actor blueprint
9. Change the scale of the skeletal mesh component
11. Open the child blueprint
12. Select the inherited skeletal mesh component
Result: The cube component disappears from the blueprint when you compile it with the inherited skeletal mesh selected.
Expected: The component would not disappear.
Head over to the existing Questions & Answers thread and let us know what's up.