LODs used with the Foliage Tool are no longer being shadowed accordingly with their baked lighting from their base LOD. Originally they would stay consistently lit, where as now the lower LOD transition doesn't look to be shadowed properly.
This also only seem to happen with any LODs that I've created outside of UE4 and imported. When using the Mesh Reduction tool in the editor everything seems to work.
Working: 4.13.2 Binary CL-
Broken: 4.14.1 Binary CL-3224400
4.15 Dev-Rendering the foliage tool doesn't seem to be working with LODs correctly at the moment, which could be another issue. Couldn't positively check that this still didn't occur there.
4.13FoliageLODs shows working LOD shadowing
4.14FoliageLODs shows broken LOD shadowing
1. Import a fbx with at least 1 LOD (Test asset attached)
2. Add the mesh to the Foliage tool and paint some on a floor mesh
3. Add a roof/ceiling mesh so that some of them are shadowed.
4. Build Lighting
5. Move back and forth so that you can see the LOD transition in shadowed areas.
If using the attached project:
1. Open the attached 4.13 project in 4.14 or later.
2. Build Lighting.
Results: Lower LODs are no longer being lit consistently with their base LOD when in shadowed areas.
Head over to the existing AnswerHub thread and let us know what's up.