This is a common crash callstack that has affected more than 300 unique users since at least the 4.11 release. Other Jiras in the past with similar callstacks include [Link Removed] and [Link Removed].
1) Open QAGame in editor through UGS //UE4/Dev-Editor (CL 4272083)
2) In the Content Browser find the animation sequence asset rotatingaxis_anim. Drag it into the Viewport.
3) Click the Import button in the Content Browser. Navigate to \Engine\Content\NotForLicensees\QA\Import_Test_Assets\AlembicAssets and select rotating_axis_maya.abc Click Open.
4) Ensure that the Import Type is set to Static Mesh. Scroll down to the Conversion section and ensure that Preset is set to Autodesk Maya.
5) Click Import.
6) Drag rotating_axis_maya into the Viewport.
7) Click the Import button in the Content Browser. Select rotating_axis_max.ABC Click Open.
8) Scroll down to the Conversion section and change Preset to Autodesk 3ds Max.
9) Click Import.
Expected result: file imports into content browser as new item unsaved item.
Actual result: Editor crashes.
There's no existing public thread on this issue, so head over to Questions & Answers just mention UE-47666 in the post.