DESCRIPTION: While using form extended structures enabled for a Destruction mesh one of the meshes will be able to be damaged while any others attached will not fracture or damage at all.
For example, if you take a cube DM and enable FES typically the mesh and place two in the scene touching. Typically the one on the right will not be destroyed.
ATTACHED: 4.6 Sample project for demonstration (Shoot the one on the right to see bug) or grab the MyCharacter.uasset and place in your FPS template. This comes with a line trace projectile for easier testing.
OS: Windows 8.1
PROCESSOR: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 @ 2.10GHz
MEMORY: 32GB RAM
GRAPHICS: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770
1. Open UE4 with FPS template
2. use a line trace weapon for easier testing (Provided in MyCharacter.uasset)
3. Create a DM
4. Use default settings for damage parameters
5. Enable Form Extended Structures
6. Place two of these in the scene connected
8. Shoot (typically) the one on the right to see bug
Expected: When using FES any mesh will be able to be destroyed in any order.
RESULTS: When using FES a main mesh will be able to be destroyed but others attached will not be able to fracture without first being separated from the main dm.
Head over to the existing Questions & Answers thread and let us know what's up.