DESCRIPTION: When using the generate overlap events for a destructible mesh with Static Mesh or skeletal mesh that is not moving will not generate an overlap event to be triggered. So long as the mesh is moving the overlap event can be triggered properly.
The same setup will work for static meshes that have the same setup for overlap events.
ATTACHED: Sample project with variations of overlap events and labels.
**use Simulate to check the others without having to load the player character for best results. Print strings are setup accordingly for each overlap event, Also when PIE if you don't move the character initially you'll see a DM fall but not trigger the overlap event until the player is moving.
Project was made with Binary 4.6
OS: Windows 8.1
PROCESSOR: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 @ 2.10GHz
MEMORY: 32GB RAM
GRAPHICS: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770
1. Open UE4 (Third Person Template works well)
2. Import or create a Destructible Mesh
3. Place the DM in the scene
4. Set it to simulate physics
5. Change the collision settings to the following:
a. Generate Overlap Event = True
b. Collision Presets = Custom
c. Overlap = Pawn
6. Open the My Character BP
7. Change the collision presets for the MESH actor to custom and the overlap events for Destructible
8. Open Level BP
9. Add a overlap event node for the DM
10. Set a print string to display the overlap event when it triggers
Expected: The overlap event will trigger when overlapping a Destructible mesh with a skeletal mesh that has not moved.
RESULTS: The overlap event for destructible with pawn will not trigger if the pawn is not moving. If the pawn is moving the event will trigger as normal.
There's no existing public thread on this issue, so head over to AnswerHub just mention UE-6647 in the post.