Sprites using a lit material render black in Orthographic views. Sprites are rendered as expected in Perspective view.
1. Create a new 2D Side Scroller template project
2. Select one of the Ledge sprites in the viewport
3. In the Content Browser, enable Show Plugin Content
4. In the Details panel, switch the Element 0 Material to MaskedLitSpriteMaterial
5. Add a Spot light and aim it at the Ledge sprite
6. Switch the viewport mode from Perspective to Front
In Front view, the ledge is completely black.
The same behavior in Orthographic views as seen in Perspective views.
Head over to the existing AnswerHub thread and let us know what's up.