DESCRIPTION: When using form extended structure with DMs that are hit by a rigid body the resulting hit does not reflect the correct actor if they are both using form extended. If a DM without form extended is next to a form extended the correct hit result will show
This only appears to affect rigid body projectile collision and does not happen when using line trace.
ATTACHED: Sample project with line and ball projectile comparisons for hit results set up by Pierdek
OS: Windows 8.1
PROCESSOR: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 @ 2.10GHz
MEMORY: 32GB RAM
GRAPHICS: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770
1. Open UE4
2. Create two Three DMs: Two with Form Extended Structures enabled
3. Place these in the scene overlapping or adjacent to each other
4. set up your rigid body projectile to return hit result by name
5. print string for the display name
6. shoot the rigid body projectile at one DM and then the other
Expected: the hit result will display correctly for the mesh that is hit.
RESULTS: If Form Extended structure is enabled it will only display one of the meshes if both us FES.
Head over to the existing Questions & Answers thread and let us know what's up.