Using a Function from a Blueprint Library inside a Macro from a Macro Library will cause a crash when using Standalone Game for PIE. The same setup will function as expected when Playing in Selected Viewport.
1. Create a new Third Person Blueprint template project
2. Create a new Function Library
3. Create a new Function "GetCharacterMeshComponent"
4. Give the new function an input of type Character
5. Give the new function an output of type MeshComponent
6. Cast to MyCharacter from the input
7. Get Mesh and attach to the output
8. Create a new Macro Library based on Actor
9. Create a new Macro "GetMyCharacterMeshName"
10. Give the new macro Exec and Character inputs
11. Give the new macro Exec and String outputs
12. Get Character Mesh Component from the input
13. Get Display Name and attach to the output
14. Open the MyCharacter Blueprint
15. Event Begin Play
16. GetMyCharacterMeshName off of a reference to Self
17. Attach the output to a Print String
18. Play in Selected Viewport
19. Play in Standalone Game
The Standalone Game crashes
Head over to the existing Questions & Answers thread and let us know what's up.