Perforce integration creates bad changelist when deleting or renaming a file, then renaming another into its place
Here are the repro steps as provided from the user:
— B —
3. Rename one of the assets.
4. Check it out.
5. Fix redirectors for the folder the assets are in.
6. Notice the pending changelist with the old file marked for deletion and the new file marked for add.
7. Rename the other asset to the previous name of the asset you just renamed
8. Check it out
9) It will give you a prompt that the asset was writable but not checked out. Click close.
10) The file you just renamed the second asset to is still marked for deletion. The pending changelist that successfully renames the first asset, but deletes the second asset
Expected: A pending changelist with the first asset file checked out for edit, the second asset file checked out for deletion, and the new file of the first asset checked out are added to the changelist.
Result: The second asset is deleted from the changelist
There's no existing public thread on this issue, so head over toAnswerHub just mention UE-74619 in the post.