The Left Mouse Button Pressed event is not firing when Input Mode Game Only is set and Show Mouse Cursor is true. Attached is an example project (4.23) that demonstrates the issue.
Found in 4.23.0 CL#8386587
Reproduced in 4.22.3. CL#7053642, 4.24 Main CL#8892378
1. Create a new blank blueprint project.
2. Make two new blueprints:
a. pawn (BugClickPawn)
b. game mode (BugClickGM)
3. Assign BugClickPawn as the default pawn in BugClickGM.
4. Assign BugClickGM as the game mode.
5. In the BugClickPawn Event Graph do the following (in attached image):
a. Call "Set Input Mode Game Only" from "Begin Play"
b. From the "Left Mouse Button" node Pressed and Released print a string that says they were called.
c. From "Tab" node Pressed and Released call "Set Show Mouse Cursor" (True for pressed and False for Released) and print a string that says whether Tab is pressed or released.
6. Play the level.
7. Open the Output Log.
7. Hold tab and left click & release once.
8. Wait 1 second and left click and release.
9. Observe the Output Log.
Results: The pressed event is not firing while the mouse cursor is visible consistently.
Expected: The pressed event is fired as expected.
There's no existing public thread on this issue, so head over toAnswerHub just mention UE-80623 in the post.