Skeletal mesh's physics collision lag behind the actual mesh. It didn't matter if there was just a root bone or multiple bones/constraints. This doesn't happen when using static meshes.
The effect is more noticeable if you set the fixed frame rate lower than 60.
You can see an example here: [https://www.youtube.com/watch?
Attached is the first person character falling endlessly that shows how far the collision can be from the mesh.
Found in 4.23 CL#8386587
Reproduced in 4.22.3 CL#7053642, 4.24 Main CL#9374978
1. Create a new blueprint vehicle template project
2. Begin playing the game
3. Enter the following command "pxvis collision"
4. Drive forward for until you are going 70 km/h
5. Keep pressing forward and turn right
6. Look at the physics collision for the car body and tires
Results: The physics collisions lag behind my mesh.
Expected: The physics collisions stay with the mesh.
There's no existing public thread on this issue, so head over toAnswerHub just mention UE-81240 in the post.