Niagara particles aren't rendered in the Niagara Editor Preview or the scene when an emitter is in it.
Found in 4.24.1 CL#10756747
Reproduced in 4.25 Main CL#10808197
1. Enable the Niagara plugin.
2. Create a Niagara Emitter.
3. Remove all the modules in the Particle Update section.
4. Remove the "Spawn Rate" module in the Emitter update section.
5. Remove the "Calculate Size by Mass" & "Add Velocity" modules in the Particle Spawn section.
6. Add the "Sample Skeletal Mesh Surface" & "Skeletal Mesh Surface Location" modules in the Particle Spawn section.
7. Assign the SK_Mannequin mesh in the Default Mesh field in "Sample Skeletal MeshSurface".
8. Create a niagara system from the emitter.
9. Place the niagara system in the scene.
Result: The niagara particles aren't rendered in both the Editor Preview and the scene.
Expected: The niagara particles render in the Editor Preview and the scene.
There's no existing public thread on this issue, so head over to Questions & Answers just mention UE-86088 in the post.