Changing the value of a text struct variable inside a duplicated function that contains a Make Struct node will reset that value in the original function. This does not appear to occur with other variable types; tested with Integer, Float, and Boolean.
Reproduced in 4.7.2 binary and Main (//depot/UE4/Promotable-CL-2473270)
1. Open any project
2. Create a new Struct
3. Add a Text variable
4. Create a new Actor Blueprint
5. Add a function
6. Event Begin Play > For Loop
7. Make Struct (using whatever you named the Struct) > Make Array
8. Attach the Make Array to the For Loop
9. Enter "Whatever" in the Make Struct's text field
10. Duplicate the function
11. Enter "Nevermind" in the Make Struct's text field
12. Compile and Save
The original function's Make Struct node says "Nevermind", the value from the duplicated function's node.
Head over to the existingAnswerHub thread and let us know what's up.