If you specify a Level Sequence of "TakeRecorder_Skeletal" in step 3, there will be only one animation created.
The licensee wants this to be the same behavior.
1. Open "TakeRecorder_test_Pawn.umap"
2. Add a Source of "All Nearby Spawned Actors" to TakeRecorder.
3. Add the Source of "Level Sequence" to TakeRecorder and specify the Level Sequence of "TakeRecorder_Pawn".
4. Start PIE and press the Record button of TakeRecorder.
5. When TakeRecorder_Pawn finishes playing, finish recording and exit PIE.
6. If you check the animations saved in the Cinematics folder, you will see that there are two animations saved there.
There's no existing public thread on this issue, so head over to AnswerHub just mention UE-120082 in the post.