If a sound starts playing while the listener is inside the binarual radius, the sound stops abruptly when they leave the radius. Does not occur if the listener starts in the binaural radius. Does not occur on Oculus plugin.
Cannot repro in 4.26, but can in 4.27 and 5.0
1) Launch AudioQA
2) In the Project settings, under Windows, set Spatiailization Plugin to "Resonance Audio" and Reverb Plugin to "Resonance Audio"
3) Place a sound into the Default map directly in front of the player start (ex voice_en_male_counting_1-10_seconds)
4) In the World outliner, select the AmbientSound actor
5) Enable Override Attenuation
6) Set Spatiailization Method to Binaural
7) Set the Binaural Radius to 500
9) Move the camera away from the sound
Sound starts playing using panning spatiailization and then switches to binaural when the camera is outside of the Binaural Radius
When the camera moves out of the binaural radius, the audio cuts off abruptly
There's no existing public thread on this issue, so head over to AnswerHub just mention UE-135365 in the post.