- Create a new Third Person Project with Preview 2
- Create a Material name it 'M_Decal' then open it
- In the Details Panel of the Result Node set Material Domain to Deferred Decal
- Set Blend mode to Translucent
- Set the Shading Model to Unlit
- In the graph create a Constant3Vector parameter
- Set the Vector to 0,0,1(Blue) then connect it to Base Color of the Result node
- Create another Constant3Vector parameter
- Set the Vector to 1,0,0(Red) then connect it to the Emissive Color of the Result node
- Create RadialG.radientExponential node
- Create a Constant node then set it to 0.5
- Connect the Constant to Radius input pin of the RadialG.radientExponential node
- Create a Constant node then set it to 1000
- Connect the constant to the Density input pin of the RadialG.radientExponential node
- From the output pin of the RadialG.radientExponential node create a Multiply node
- Set B of the Multiply node to 1.0
- From the output pin of the Multiply node connect another Multiply node
- Connect the new Multiply node to Opacity input pin of the Result node
- Create a SceneTexture node
- Set the Scene Texture ID of the SceneTexture node to WorldNormal
- From the Color output pin of the SceneTexture node create a Component Mask node
- Set the Mask to B only
- Connect the Mask to the Multiply node that is connected to the Opacity pin
- Save and close the Material
- Create a Blueprint Actor
- Add Decal Component to the actor
- In the Decal's Details panel set Rotation on the Y axis to 90
- Set the Decal Material to M_Decal
- Place the Blueprint Actor in the world so that it half on the ground half up against a wall
In the Material Editor the Material should be pink, and moving the camera around it should not extend beyond the grey floor.
In the Level the actor should should be pink and emissive would a slight glow visible on the wall.
In the Material Editor the Material is g.radient from blue to Pink, and extends beyond the floor.
In the Level the decal is blue, and is not emissive.