When playing the two metronome sounds, it is expected that when the 1bar asset loops, it will stay in time with the 12 bar asset; however, instead phasing begins to occur.
This does not occur when using variables to trigger the loop.
Occurs in both Release-5.0 and UE5 Main.
Does not occur in Early Access (5.0.0-16730400) and is a regression.
The attached video demonstrates the expected result as heard in Early Access, and then how it currently sounds in Release-5.0 and UE5 Main.
1) Open any project. You will need the MetaSound plugin enabled
2) Import the two .wav files attached.
3) In the Content Browser, create a new MetaSound Source
4) Add two Wave Players to the graph
5) Set the imported Sound Waves as the assets on the Wave Players
6) Route the outputs to a Stereo Mixer node
7) Route the stereo mixer to a Stereo output (setting to change to Stereo is in the MetaSound menu)
8) Connect Play to both nodes
9) Set the Wave Player with the 1bar asset to loop
10) Play the MetaSound
The 1 bar and 12 bar metronomes stay aligned with each other
After a couple of loops, phasing is heard
There's no existing public thread on this issue, so head over to Questions & Answers just mention UE-160453 in the post.