The channel output for 5.1 Waveplayer on MetaSounds is different when Platform Default (Vorbis) codec is chosen on Windows
Platform Default - L, C, R, LS, RS, LFE
Bink, PCM, ADPCM - L, R, C, LFE, LS, RS
Slack convo [Link Removed]
Other platforms have not been checked.
1) Launch Audio QA
2) Create a MetaSound Source
2) Add a 5.1 Wave Player
3) Set the Output Format to 5.1
4) Set the Sound Wave to play to Bink_51
5) Connect the output pins on the 5.1 node to the matching output pins
6) Preview the MetaSound and observe how the meter corresponds to the channel calls
7) Set the Sound Wave to play to PlatformDefault_51
The playback channels are the same for each code
The playback channels are different depending on the codec
There's no existing public thread on this issue, so head over to Questions & Answers just mention UE-193180 in the post.