Entering an Audio Volume that has a Submix Send set to Pre Distance Attenuation and using a Convolution Reverb causes severe audio glitching. Does not occur if Send is Post Distance Attenuation. Does not occur for the non-convolution reverb effect. Occurs with both Audio Volumes and Audio Gameplay Volumes. Does not occur when using a Submix Send directly on a Sound Wave with attenuation.
Reported on UDN: [Link Removed]
1) Launch AudioQA
2) In the default level, add an Audio Volume
3) Place the Wave asset voice_en_male_counting_1-10_seconds_looping inside the Audio Volume
4) On the Wave asset set the Sound Class to AudioVolume_TestClass
5) In the Content Browser create a Sound Submix
6) Open the Sound Submix and add the effect SEP_ConvolutionReverb
7) On the AudioVolume, add a Submix Send and set it to the Sound Submix you created
8) Set the Send State to Pre Distance Attenuation
9) TURN YOUR SPEAKERS DOWN
11) Enter the Audio Volume
The sound with reverb plays normally
A click plays at best, or very bad loud audio distortion at worst
There's no existing public thread on this issue, so head over to Questions & Answers just mention UE-198890 in the post.