When moving along a positive axis using world origin shifting, the value of the axis will increase and the origin will shift until it reaches a maximum value of 2147483648.000, it will transport the player to -214748648.00. Returning to 0.0 along that axis places the player at a different location than the original 0,0,0. Moving backwards when -2147483648.000 will remain at the negative value but will continue moving along the negative axis.
By contrast, going down a negative value along an axis does not inverse to a positive value when -2147483648.000 is reached, it simply remains stagnant at that value as the player continues to move toward a negative axis value.
1. Download, unzip, open attached project
2. Open "Bugmap"
3. Press PIE
4. Press T twice
5. Press and hold W to move forward along the X axis
6. Watch the values shown to see that it loops to -2147483648.000 and begins heading back to 0 once 2147483648.000 is reached.
7. Observe that 0 is not in the same location as it was originally.
8. Press S to travel on the negative X axis.
9. Observe values once -2147483648.000 is reached
In positive movement, numbers loop back to -2147483648.000 from 2147483648.000, but reaching 0 does not lead back to the original 0 location. In contrast, going along negative axis movement, the origin does not shift with the player, instead it remains at -2147483648.000 and continues to move outside of the sky sphere along the negative axis.
When moving along the negative axis, it should shift the origin as the positive axis does, once the limit of -2147483648.000 is achieved, it should shift the origin and place the character at 2147483648.000.
Head over to the existingAnswerHub thread and let us know what's up.