The same animation FBX file generated from Maya will import correctly into UE4.9 but incorrectly into UE4.10.
Moreover, if you generate an FBX from the animation that was successfully imported from Maya into UE4.9, that FBX will import correctly into UE4.10.
1. Open the attached zip file
2. Note that there is a 4.9 and 4.10 version of a blank project containing the exact same skeletal mesh (The 4.10 version is an updated clone of the 4.9 version)
3. Note that there is an FBX generated from Maya and an FBX generated from the 4.9 successful import (as in the description)
4. Test by first trying to import the same FBX file from Maya to both the 4.9 and 4.10 Versions of the Project: “ImportFailTest”
5. RESULT: successful import for 4.9 and failed import for 4.10 versions of “ImportFailTest”
6. EXPECTED: successful import for both versions of the project
7. Now test by importing the FBX generated from 4.9 to both the 4.9 and 4.10 Versions of the Project: “ImportFailTest”
8. RESULT: successful import for both 4.9 and 4.10 versions of “ImportFailTest”
9. EXPECTED: The same results from the Maya generated FBX file
Head over to the existing Questions & Answers thread and let us know what's up.