Attempting to get the owner of an Actor Component that contains an exposed variable will return the Spawner blueprint's display name instead of the Spawned Actor it is added to.
Found in 4.10.2 binary. Reproduced in Main CL 2822521
This is a regression. Could not reproduce in 4.9.2 binary.
1. Open the editor
2. Create a new actor class called Spawner
3. Create two actor component blueprints, one called Working Actor, one called Broken Actor
4. In Broken Actor, add an integer variable that is public and exposed on spawn.
5. Open the Spawner blueprint, and recreate the setup in the attached image.
6. Place an instance of the Spawner bp into the level
Result: The actor component without the expose on spawn variable prints the correct owner, which should be the spawned Actor. The actor with the exposed on spawn variable returns the Spawner blueprint as its owner, instead of the Actor blueprint that is spawned.
Expected: Both of the components would return Actor as their owner instead of Spawner.
There's no existing public thread on this issue, so head over to Questions & Answers just mention UE-25317 in the post.
|Component||UE - Gameplay - Components|
|Affects Versions||4.10, 4.12|
|Created||Jan 12, 2016|
|Resolved||Jan 15, 2016|
|Updated||Apr 27, 2018|