When using move component to to move a component, and then calling Destroy Actor when the actor overlaps another actor, a crash occurs.
In this case, the user was attempting to move their static mesh component, and on Actor Begin Overlap, they were casting to their other cube actor and destroying self.
Found in 4.10.2 binary. Reproduced in 4.11 Preview 4 and Main CL 2843442
1. Open the attached project
1. Open the editor
2. Create an actor blueprint called Colliding Actor
3. Add a box component and a cube component
4. Make the Box the root component
5. Set the collision to OverlapAllDynamic for the Box and BlockAllDynamic for the Cube
7. Create another new actor blueprint called TestActor
8. Add a Box component and a Cube component, and set the collisions the same as in step 5.
9. On Event Begin Play, add a Move Component To node, and attach a reference to the Cube component to the Component pin. Set the Target Relative Location to a value that would allow it to collide with where your Colliding Actor would be in the level.
10. Add an Event ActorBeginOverlap.
11. Cast to CollidingActor
12. Pull off of the execution pin of the cast, and add a Destroy Actor node.
14. Place an instance of each blueprint in the level
Result: When the actors overlap, the editor crashes.
Expected: The editor would not crash when the actors overlap.
Head over to the existingAnswerHub thread and let us know what's up.