r.Shadow.FadeResolution and r.Shadow.RadiusThreshold values in DefaultScalability.ini are not being applied
1) Open Editor and set Scalability Settings to Medium. Put a dynamic Cube into the scene. Make sure it is set to cast dynamic shadows.
2) Zoom out of the scene and observe the shadow of the Cube. Notice how fast it disappears with increasing distance
3) type "r.Shadow.FadeResolution 16" into the console. Notice how the shadow becomes visible at a different camera distance
4) Close the Editor and save the map
5) Open or Create "DefaultScalability.ini" in the Project's Config Folder
6) Go to the Section (or create it) for "ShadowQuality@1"
7) In this section,add: "r.Shadow.FadeResolution=16"
8) Save and close
9) Open the level again. Zoom out again.
Observe settings in scalabiltiy.ini are not applied.
There's no existing public thread on this issue, so head over toAnswerHub just mention UE-58041 in the post.