In Shootergame, adding a widget to the Viewport causes the editor to crash after PIE then re-opening the blueprint calling the widget.
This was repro'd in both main and Github. Logs are attached.
Workaround: User posted this potential workaround:
The problem seems to lie with **UShooterGameViewportClient::AddViewportWidgetContent . I'm not sure what exactly it is, but if I comment out all the code except Super::... it won't crash anymore. Maybe some reference is left over somewhere in ShooterGame's custom ViewportClient code.
1. Open Editor (Shootergame)
2. Select New>User Interface> Widget Blueprint in Content Browser
3. Open widget blueprint, add any object to the Widget
4. Save and close the widget
5. Open Player Pawn
6. In Graph, add these nodes:
Event Begin Play> Create Widget> Add to Viewport
7. Connect a Get Player Controller to the Target input of Create Widget, set widget class to your widget.
8. Plug Return Value into Input pin on Add to Viewport
9. Compile, save, close blueprint
10. Press PIE
11. Close PIE
12. Open Pawn again
Head over to the existing AnswerHub thread and let us know what's up.