When using the "Does Container Match Tag Query" node doesn't return true when a gameplay container member has the searched for gameplay tag in a blueprint that has been nativized.
Packaging in Exclusive and Inclusive both reproduce the issue.
Found in 4.22.3 CL#7053642
Reproduced in 4.21.2 CL#4753647, 4.23.0 Preview 7 CL#7115738, 4.24.0 Main CL#8289090
1. Create a new blueprint project.
2. Add new GameplayTags (Magic.Heal.Normal, Melee.Blunt.Normal).
3. Create a new blueprint and create a new Gameplay Container variable called "Gameplay Tags" that contains Magic.Heal.Normal and Melee.Blunt.Normal.
4. On event Begin Play check if "GameplayTags" contains Magic.Heal using "Does Container Match Tag Query". (Blueprint node layout attached)
5. Print True or False depending on a branch checking "Does Container Match Tag Query" node.
6. Set "Nativize" in the blueprint to True (Class Settings->Packaging).
7. Place the blueprint in the Game Default Map, save it and package the game with "Blueprint Nativization Method" to Inclusive.
8. Package the project and run the executable.
Results: The Does Container Match Tag Query returns false in a nativized build.
Expected: The Does Container Match Tag Query returns false.
There's no existing public thread on this issue, so head over toAnswerHub just mention UE-79386 in the post.