The Meta Allowed Classes specifier doesn't allow the user to assign anything of the second type.
Found in 4.24.1 CL#10757647
Reproduced in 4.23.1 CL#9631420, 4.25 Main CL#10868506
1. Declare a struct that inherits from FTableRowBase with the following declaration
UPROPERTY(EditDefaultsOnly, Meta = (AllowedClasses = "StaticMesh, SkeletalMesh"))
2. Create a data table based on the created struct.
3. Add a row and try to assign a skeletal mesh.
4. Notice that it isn't assigned.
5. Try to assign a static mesh.
6. Notice that it is assigned.
Result: The TAssetPtr will only assign types of the first type in the Allowed Classes.
Expected: The TAssetPtr will assign both types in the Allowed Classes.
There's no existing public thread on this issue, so head over toAnswerHub just mention UE-86152 in the post.