When the RenderDoc plugin is installed with raytracing enabled shadows don't render correctly.
Found in 4.24.1 CL#10757647
Reproduced in 4.23.1 CL#9631420, 4.25 Main CL#11087956
1. Install RenderDoc from [Link Removed].
2. Create a FPS template project.
3. Create a mirror material with a red tint.
4. Place a sphere in the default scene and apply the new mirror material.
5. Remove reflection captures.
6. Set the directional light to Movable and Dynamic Shadow Distance MovableLight to 0.f.
7. Set DefaultRHI to dx12, enable ray tracing, and restart the editor.
8. Run the game and observe the reflections in the sphere.
9. Enable the RenderDoc plugin and restart the editor.
10. Run the game and observe the reflections in the sphere.
Result: The reflection shadows don't look correct.
Expected: The reflection shadows look correct.
Note: In 4.23.1 the reflection doesn't look correct, but the shadows aren't what looks correct.
There's no existing public thread on this issue, so head over to Questions & Answers just mention UE-87366 in the post.
|Component||UE - Rendering - Lumen|
|Affects Versions||4.23, 4.24.1, 4.25|
|Created||Jan 23, 2020|
|Resolved||Feb 28, 2020|
|Updated||Sep 19, 2021|