The Buffer Visualization (Custom Stencil ) doesn't render assets that have "Render CustomDepth Pass" enabled.
Found in 4.24.2 CL#10758860
Reproduced in 4.23.1 CL#9631420, 4.25 Main CL#11223911
1. Create a new project (I used Third Person Shooter).
2. Make sure "Custom Depth-Stencil Pass" is enabled in the Project Settings.
3. Add a cube in the level.
4. Enable "Render CustomDepth Pass" in the cube's details.
5. Set "CustomDepth Stencil Value" to something greater than 0.
6. Duplicate the cube a few times for visibilty.
7. Set View Mode to Buffer Visualization->Custom Stencil.
Result: A black screen.
Expected: The cubes with "CustomDepth Stencil Value" > 0 are visible.
There's no existing public thread on this issue, so head over to AnswerHub just mention UE-88255 in the post.