- Create a new project based off the third person template
- Enable the Take Recorder plugin and restart the editor
- Open the take recorder window (Window > Cinematics > Take Recorder)
- Drag the ThirdPersonCharacter actor from the world outliner into the take recorder sources
- Verify that the source is set to record all the actor's components by clicking on the source in take recorder
- Start recording in take recorder
- Move the camera around the character with the mouse while recording
- Stop PIE and recording by hitting ESC
- In the bottom right of the screen click on the link in the toast that says "Browse to..." to open the sequence
- Check the camera and spring arm components' transform tracks
The sections will be empty, and playing back the sequence will not replay the movement that should have been recorded.
Behavior is the same when adding the character as an actor or pawn source in take recorder.