Create a Parent AnimBP, add any animation to it. Then create a childAnimBP from Parent. In ChildAnimBP, go to TargetSkeleton (from class settings) to change a different skeleton. Then go to the AnimGraphOverrride in the ChildBP, to replace animation and only the animation for the parent skeleton in the dropdown is shown, not the child.
This was reported and tested in 4.25 (13144385) and reproduced in 4.25.3 (13942748)
Resulting in no way to use the AnimGraphOverride to get the ChildBP to work with correct animations.
1. Create an AnimBP (ParentBP) for a Skeleton X
2. Plug in any simple logic with animations of Skeleton X
3. Right Click on ParentBP ->CreateChildBlueprintClass to get the child of ParentBP ChildBP
4. Go to ChildBP->ClassSettings->TargetSkeleton and change it to a different Skeleton Y
5. Go to ChildBP->AnimGraphOverrides and try to replace any animation
The animations shown in the animation replacement dropdown are the ones of skeleton X, e.g., the skeleton corresponding to ParentBP, and not of skeleton Y, e.g., the skeleton corresponding to ChildBP. There is thus no way to use the AnimGraphOverrides to get ChildBP to work with the correct animations.
The dropdown shows animations for skeleton Y, e.g., the skeleton corresponding to ChildBP.
There's no existing public thread on this issue, so head over toAnswerHub just mention UE-96211 in the post.