When using Attenuations with MetaSounds, if the Attenuation Shape is Sphere it works as expected. However, other shapes do not work correctly. The sound either becomes deactive or sometimes the sound will display as virtualized, but as soon as the listener enters the shape again, the sound will become deactive.
Issue does not occur if the asset is a Sound Wave instead of a MetaSound Source.
1) Launch AudioQA
2) In the Content Browser, create a MetaSound Source and open the asset
3) Remove the UE.Sound.Oneshot interface
4) Click on Source. In the Details panel, ensure that the Virutalization Mode is set to Restart
5) Save the asset
6) Drag the asset into the default level
7) In the Details panel, select Override Attenuation
8) Under Attenuation (Volume) set the Attenuation Shape to Box, Cone, or Capsule
9) Position the asset in the level such that the Player Start is inside the Attenuation Shape
11) Enter the command au.3DVisualize.Enabled 1. Text appears in green where the sound source is
12) Move the camera away from the sound so that it is outside of the Attenuation.
When the Volume of the sound hits 0.000, the asset becomes Virtual. Approaching the sound source again causes the asset to start playing again.
The sound stops being active. If the sound displays as Virtual, approaching the sound causes it stop being active.
There's no existing public thread on this issue, so head over to Questions & Answers just mention UE-161266 in the post.