Linked animation graph doesn't trigger anim notifications on dedicated server.
There is no expected message in log:
LogBlueprintUserMessages: [HitReact_AnimBP_C_0] Client 0: HitNotify IsServer: true
Although we can see that animation graph is linked on server side and it's update function is called:
LogBlueprintUserMessages: [Ue4ASP_Character_C_0] Server: LinkAnimClass IsServer: true
LogBlueprintUserMessages: [HitReact_AnimBP_C_0] Server: UpdateAnimation IsServer: true
Steps to Reproduce From Attached AnimBPLink.Zip Project
Steps to Reproduce from Blank Project:
1) Reproduce environment from UE4 Documentation "Using Animation Blueprint Linking" https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/Engine/Animation/AnimHowTo/LinkedAnimBP/index.html
2) Set Character's mesh property "Visibility based anim tick option" to "always tick pose and refresh bones"
3) Add multiplayer support for "H" key handler (see blueprint screenshot attached)
4) Add skeleton notification to "Hit_React_1" animation, and handler with logging to HitReact_AnimBP (see blueprint screenshot attached)
5) Start PIE with "Play as Client" (ex. Dedicated )
6) Press "H" and look through log
There's no existing public thread on this issue, so head over to Questions & Answers just mention UE-94330 in the post.