After creating a new HUD blueprint class and calling it to render a translucent material, the material does not render at all. This is not the case with any other Blend Mode when called to render to the HUD.
Quite a few users are reporting this as a major issue as it is causing any of their custom HUD objects with translucency not to render. I tested this issue in 4.8.3 and the exact same set up renders correctly.
Tested in Binary 4.8.3 - 2634408
Issue does not occur
Tested in 4.10 - 2680299
Issue still occurs
1. Open the zipped test project attached.
2. Press PIE
3. Notice how nothing is rendering to the screen.
4. Open the HUD_Material and set its 'Blend Mode' to 'Opaque'
5. Apply, Save, and PIE again.
6. Notice how the Material is now rendered to the screen.
Head over to the existingAnswerHub thread and let us know what's up.